I’m at Pride in NYC today so I thought I should celebrate by, once again, talking about some LGBTQ+ books.
I’m always looking for more LGBTQ+ reads, and 2019 is really stepping up to the plate, so I thought I should compile a list of some great books that I loved or hope to love.
Normally, I would write out a full synopsis for each book, but since I want to talk about quite a few of them (and my synopses always end up a little wordy) I’m just going to try and describe a book to the best of my ability in under 5 words. Let’s see how this goes. Every book will have a Goodreads link in case you want to see the full description of the book!
Alright, lets get started!
IT’S PRIDE MONTH!!! The best month of the year!!! In celebration, I’ve compiled a list of 12 amazing LGBTQ+ reads that are perfect if you’re looking to read the rainbow this month.
These are a mix of my personal favorites, plus some that I’m dying to read.
Overall: 5/5 Stars
Plot and Themes: 5/5
Awesomeness Factor: 5/5
Review in a Nutshell: I spent 95% of my time reading this book smiling. I’m sure I terrified some people, but oh god was it worth it. (Side note: The other 5% was happy crying)
“Thinking about history makes me wonder how I’ll fit into it one day, I guess. And you too. I kinda wish people still wrote like that. History, huh? Bet we could make some.”
// Content Warning [MINOR SPOILERS IN BRACKETS]: Mature Content, Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Depression, Sexual Harassment Attempt (Mention), (Drug) Addiction (Mention), Alcoholism, Parent Death (Mention), Mental Illness, Homophobia, Racism, [Public Outing (Without Consent)] //
Red White and Royal Blue is told in the third person perspective of Alex Diaz-Claremont, the First Son of the United States. When his beef with Prince Henry of Wales gets him in the papers, he must stage a fake friendship with him in order to not jeopardize his mother’s re-election campaign. But Henry isn’t as bad as he thought, and he finds himself trying to hide their newfound relationship from both of their nations.
“But the truth is, also, simply this: love is indomitable.”
Read more for all of my incoherent ramblings on a book that completely destroyed me!
I got so excited when I saw that Ben from @AceofBens tagged me in this new tag!!! It’s so fun and the perfect way to start the best month of the year. Thank you Ben!!!
– Credit the original author of the tag — Ace Of Bens
– Make sure you copy and paste these rules and notes at the beginning of the tag.
– Tag as many or as few people as you’d like!
– This tag originally uses the word “queer” as an umbrella term for the LGBTQ+ community, but you are free to change it to whatever term or abbreviation you are most comfortable with for your own post.
– You don’t have to be out to be proud of who you are. Therefore, you can still do this tag if you aren’t out to everyone you know, as long as you feel comfortable and safe doing it!
– Don’t feel obligated to answer all of these questions or to even do this if you are tagged. I want this to be a fun pride month post, not a source of anxiety for anyone.
– Happy Pride Month!AceofBens
Bullet journals have really grown in popularity in the past couple of years, and whenever I looked at those amazing pictures on instagram and pintrest, I would get so intimidated. I have no artistic talent, and no creativity, plus I’m a perfectionist. So basically, the worst combination for a bullet journaler. I never let myself try it, because I was so afraid I would be bad at it.
Well, in December 2018, I decided to try it anyways. No one else would know, but me, so if I failed spectacularly, only I would witness it.
I’ve been bullet journaling for about six months now, so I’ve decided to share what I’ve learned, and my advice for beginners. And since this is a book blog, I’ve also included pictures of some of my bookish spreads!
This will be an overview of sorts, so if you want specific tutorials on how I did any of these spreads, let me know!