Thank you to Ruqs @manythingsbookish for nominating me for the Liebster Award!! Go check out her blog, its amazing!!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, provide a link to their blog and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions they asked you.
- Come up with your own 11 questions
- Tag 11 bloggers and don’t forget to tell them.
- Of the main characters from the last three books you’ve read, who would you pick to be your best friend?
My choices are Zoe and X from The Brink of Darkness, Abby from The Supervillain and Me, and Quinn from All Your Perfects. Definitely not Abby, and I feel like Quinn and I wouldn’t be great friends (we’re both depressing and have avoidant tendencies, wouldn’t be fun or functional), so I think I’ll go with X from The Brink of Darkness!
- If you could travel to one place in the world, where would it be?
This is so hard… maybe Rome or Greece. I’ve always wanted to see the Parthenon and the Colleseum. I’m just a huge mythology and ancient cultures nerd. I was the only one in my high school Latin class who actually was having fun.
- Favourite genre and why?
Right now, it’s probably fantasy.
- What is your go-to snack while reading?
I eat so much when reading. I guess my go-to snack is cookies? Or maybe pizza rolls. They are so addictive
- What is a typical time of the day for you to sit down with a book?
Whenever I get the chance. My work schedule is kinda random, but I usually can count on some reading time before bed at night! During the school year, I read the most during whatever class I find the most boring (sorry my freshman philosophy professor).
- How long does it usually take for you to finish a book?
It depends on the book! If I’m loving a book, and its is pretty light in tone, I can finish it in less than a day. Other times, it can take 8-10 days. My average is probably around 3 days per book, 10+ books a month.
- Book that’s a childhood favourite?
I feel like it’s really cliche if I say Harry Potter but I don’t care. Although there was a book in fourth grade that I got my whole class obsessed with. I think it was called Chasing Red Bird? I don’t remember the author. I used to pride myself in seeing how many people I could get to cry over this book (that sounds a lot more sadistic then it was. I swear I wasn’t some sociopathic ten year old. I just wanted other people to see how great and sad this book was. I guess I haven’t changed).
- Which continent in the world are you living in?
North America!! (USA > NY, in case anyone is curious)
- Do you use bookmarks?
Yes! I love bookmarks! I always use one, unless I lose it (which is practically guaranteed), then I use coasters, napkins, rubber bands, and occasionally the nearest person.
- What personality type do you have?
INFJ! That’s assuming we’re talking Myers Briggs. Maybe we’re talking about The Four Temperments or something (in which case – 100% Melancholic).
- Would you ever publish a book of your own?
YESYESYES! That’s my dream. I would kill to be a published author. I’ve worked on books before (even finished one) but I haven’t gotten past the second draft. Hopefully, what I’m working on now will be the one!
- What book would you want to see as a musical?
- What’s your favorite place to read?
- What style book cover id your favorite? (photographs, art/painted, typography, etc.)
- What fictional pet would you want?
- Do you prefer library books or buying your own?
(I feel obligated to ask this, I work at a library. It’s in the contract)
- If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, what genre would you pick?
- What character from one of the last three books you’ve read, would you want to go on a trip to Disney with?
- If you could trade lives with one fictional character from a book you’ve read this month, who would you pick?
- What is a song that reminds you of a specific book/series/character?
- What is your go-to book, author, or genre when you’re in a bad mood?
- If you could bring one fictional character to life, who would you choose?
I don’t know enough blogs (plus I’m never sure if people actually like being tagged or if I’m just annoying them), so I’ll just tag three awesome people.
If you want to do this and I didn’t nominate you, it was probably because I didn’t know if you would want to be tagged. So consider yourself nominated too!
Hope you guys have fun!