I’m at Pride in NYC today so I thought I should celebrate by, once again, talking about some LGBTQ+ books.
I’m always looking for more LGBTQ+ reads, and 2019 is really stepping up to the plate, so I thought I should compile a list of some great books that I loved or hope to love.
Normally, I would write out a full synopsis for each book, but since I want to talk about quite a few of them (and my synopses always end up a little wordy) I’m just going to try and describe a book to the best of my ability in under 5 words. Let’s see how this goes. Every book will have a Goodreads link in case you want to see the full description of the book!
Alright, lets get started!
Overall: 5/5 Stars
Plot and Themes: 5/5
Awesomeness Factor: 5/5
Review in a Nutshell: I spent 95% of my time reading this book smiling. I’m sure I terrified some people, but oh god was it worth it. (Side note: The other 5% was happy crying)
“Thinking about history makes me wonder how I’ll fit into it one day, I guess. And you too. I kinda wish people still wrote like that. History, huh? Bet we could make some.”
Read more for all of my incoherent ramblings on a book that completely destroyed me!
I got so excited when I saw that Ben from @AceofBens tagged me in this new tag!!! It’s so fun and the perfect way to start the best month of the year. Thank you Ben!!!
– Credit the original author of the tag — Ace Of Bens
– Make sure you copy and paste these rules and notes at the beginning of the tag.
– Tag as many or as few people as you’d like!
– This tag originally uses the word “queer” as an umbrella term for the LGBTQ+ community, but you are free to change it to whatever term or abbreviation you are most comfortable with for your own post.
– You don’t have to be out to be proud of who you are. Therefore, you can still do this tag if you aren’t out to everyone you know, as long as you feel comfortable and safe doing it!
– Don’t feel obligated to answer all of these questions or to even do this if you are tagged. I want this to be a fun pride month post, not a source of anxiety for anyone.
– Happy Pride Month!AceofBens
Fall is on its way, and with it, so many amazing books!!! Read More