Overall: 4.6/5 Stars
Plot and Themes: 5/5
Awesomeness Factor: 4/5
Review In A Nutshell: Starry Eyes is a really fun contemporary read with great and realistic relationships and amazing writing.
“Planning can’t save you from everything. Change is inevitable and uncertainty is a given. And if you plan so much that you can’t function without one, life’s no fun. All the calendars, journals, and lists in the world won’t save you when the sky falls.”
There have been a lot of amazing releases this year, so far. Obviously, I haven’t been able to read them all, but I still wanted to talk about some of my favorites! There are a few I haven’t quite gotten to yet
(A Reaper At The Gates) so don’t think they’re not on this list because I hated them. I just haven’t had the time to read them (or I’m really afraid to read them, like with Reaper. Please Sabaa don’t hurt these characters anymore they need a break!) Also, I’m not including any books being released after June, I’ll make a different list in December or January covering all of those releases.
Okay on with the top ten!
Sidenote: I’m extremely indecisive so they aren’t in any particular order, with the exception of the first three probably being my top 3 reads this year.
I read 10 books this month, two of which were actually on my April TBR so I guess I did okay. I really had a bad reading slump all month but I think I may be finally beating. Except ACOFAS is coming out and I know I’ll be back in a slump after that.
Bold titles have reviews, click the rating to check it out!
1. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater || 5/5 Stars
2. Opal by Maggie Stiefvater || 5/5 Stars
3. Defy The Worlds by Claudia Gray || 5/5 Stars
4. Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi || 3/5 Stars
5. Not If I Save You First by Ally Carter || 3.5/5 Stars
6. Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett || 4.6/5 Stars
7. Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett || 4.8/5/5 Stars
8. The Dating Debate by Chris Cannon || 2.5/5 Stars
9. Okami by Renee Ahdieh || 5/5 Stars
10. Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli || 4.8/5 Stars
What books did you read this month?
Check out last months wrap up, my most anticipated May releases, or my May TBR!
BooksForThoughts April Photo Challenge Day 30: Wrap Up