I may have bitten off more than I can chew.
This month, I want to participate in two challenges:
- ARC August, where you try and trim down your TBR and read as many ARCs as you can (more info here)
- The Disney-readathon, where you pick a team and try to complete challenges to earn points (more info here)
I know that I won’t be able to reach all my goals, but I’m going to spend the next month trying.
First, if you want to participate, I made this spreadsheet template to keep track of your TBR and your points!
Since I’m also doing ARC August, I wanted to try and focus on ARCs when picking out my book for each promt.
For the Disney-Readathon, I decided to join Team Beauty and the Beast (what a surprise), here are the prompts, plus what I decided to read for them:
Belle: A book with grand adventure
Twilight (Twilight #1)
by Stephanie Meyer
Beast: A book with a misunderstood character
Midnight Sun (Twilight #5)
by Stephanie Meyer
Lumiere: A book you predict to be 5 stars
You Have A Match
by Emma Lord
Cogsworth: A book where time is running out for a character
Unravel the Dusk (The Blood of Stars #2)
by Elizabeth Lim
Chip: The group book
Among the Beasts and Briars
by Ashley Poston
The group book selected was A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer, but since I already read that and the sequel, I decided to read Among the Beast and Briars instead, because it has a similar fairytale feel.
Now, these aren’t all the books I’m planning on reading, because this is ARC August, and I need to catch up.
ARC August TBR
In addition to the books I’m reading in the Disney-Readathon, here are the other ARCs I’m hoping to get to:
- Crush (Crave #2) by Tracy Wolff
- Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove #2) by Shelby Mahurin
- Fable (Fable #1) by Adrienne Young
- Well Played (Well Met #2) by Jen DeLuca
- Cast in Firelight (Wickery #1) by Dana Swift
- The Silvered Serpents (The Gilded Wolves #2) by Roshani Chokshi
Yes, Even More Books
I know, this is a lot of books, but I have even more on my TBR. These all double for Disney-Readathon challenges! I know I can’t read all of them… but I want to.
- All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth #1) by Adalyn Grace
- Set Fire to the Gods (Set Fire to the Gods #1) by Sara Raasch & Kristen Simmons
- Take A Hint, Dani Brown (Brown Sisters #2) by Talia Hibbert
- A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes #2) by Sabaa Tahir [ For PenguinTeen’s #EmberReadAlong! ]
- More than Maybe by Erin Hahn
- House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City #1) by Sarah J. Maas
That was a lot. Hopefully, I’ll be able to read half of them. What books are on your August TBR?