January started rough. I was in the middle of a horrible reading slump and just had no motivation to get through books, but I think it’s really turned around! I spent the last week and a half of the month rereading some favorites in preparation for one of my most anticipated books of the year! I think those rereads helped me get back into the reading habit and saved me from my slump (although if you want to hear about more tips to get out of a reading slump, I have a whole post about it).
Read more to see all the books I’ve read this month!
Bold titles have reviews, click the ratings to check them out!
1. Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare|| 5/5 Stars
This series is amazing. Seriously. I feel in love with the characters and their dynamics. This is by far my favorite Cassandra Clare series. I can’t wait until The Wicked Powers to find out what happens next!
2. You’d Be Mine by Erin Hahn || 5/5 Stars
I couldn’t put this book down. I spent three hours glued to my ARC, eager to see how this story would end. It was so amazing. I can’t wait for everyone else to read this fantastic book! Full review to come closer to release day (4/2/2019).
3. The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi || 5/5 Stars
This. Book. Is. Amazing. It was such a great read. I have become trash for this series and these characters. I need book two immediately!
4. Small Town Hearts by Lillie Vale|| 4/5 Stars
I’m so glad I had the opportunity to read this book! It is so summery and fun and perfect. It really is exactly what I wanted it to be. Full review to come, closer to its release (3/19/2019).
5. Last of Her Name by Jessica Khoury|| 4.5/5 Stars
This was such a fun read! I read it in one sitting and loved it! I’ll have a full review closer to its release date (2/26/2019).
6. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo || 5/5 Stars
In honor of King of Scars, I decided to reread The Grisha Trilogy and the Six Crows duology. I’m so glad I did. I forgot how much I loved this world and how amazing these characters are!
7. Seige and Storm by Leigh Bardugo || 5/5 Stars
8. Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo || 5/5 Stars
9. The Demon in the Wood by Leigh Bardugo || 5/5 Stars
10. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo || 5/5 Stars
This is my third(?) reread of this series, and it only gets better every time. This series is absolutely amazing, and this reread only made me more confident in calling it my all-time favorite series.
11. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo || 5/5 Stars
So this reread was also my first complete reread since Crooked Kingdom came out. I knew it would be painful– I sobbed the first time I read this book (and I was in the middle of my philosphy class, which wasn’t fun), and I cried again as I reread it. It still breaks my heart, and I still adore every word.
13. The Too-Clever Fox by Leigh Bardugo || 5/5 Stars
This is definitely my favorite short story in The Language of Thorns so far! Maybe it’s because I’m thinking of a certain king of Ravka, but I really loved it!
14. The Witch of Duva by Leigh Bardugo || 4.5/5 Stars
15. Little Knife by Leigh Bardugo || 4/5 Stars
What was your favorite book you read in January?
Also, check out:
– Last Month’s Wrap Up –
– Top 15 Most Anticipated February Releases –
– My February TBR –